Friday, March 6, 2009

BIBLE period coin used by local people,musham3@gmail.com,




One day Jesus sat at the Temple and watched people putting money into the offering boxes. Some people were rich and gave lots of money. Some gave money, but were unhappy about it. Then an poor woman, a widow, came up to the boxes. The poor woman put two of the smallest coins there were in the offering box. The disciples with Jesus weren't very impressed, but Jesus said this woman has given more than any other today Mark 12:41-44 41 ;Luke 21:1-4 1
The “Widow’s Mite” Biblical coin refers to the story of the poor widow whom Jesus Christ commended in the Temple for having given all she had, two “mites”. These same widow’s mite coins, now over 2,000 years old, are available to purchase and own today. .
Mark 12:41-44 tells the story of The Widow's Mites. "Jesus ... beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites ... And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had."

"I have felt many times like the widow. In times when there is a little to spare the choice to give seems easy, but on those days when there isn't enough to go around the decision to give seems more difficult. At those times my faith is tested and I must ask myself if I truly believe Him when He said, 'Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it' (Malachi 3:10).

"When I can't seem to make ends meet and things are tight, I know that giving is still the only answer. Throughout my life when I have cast in my 'mites', regardless of my circumstance, the Lord has always kept His promise and thrown open to me and my family the windows of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment